Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Ne te quaesiveris extra

amháin
Read Emerson's Essay on Self Reliance more than one time in your life. The first time through it may be hard, but by the third time you'll find all kinds of amazingly sound advice.
dhá
Learn your history. Learn music history, art history, global history and the history of the civilized world. You don't have to love it while you're learning it, but someday you'll be glad you did.
trí
Hearing and reading things does not make them true. Learn how to do your research. Learn about Boolean searches and Dialog and Ink and Google Scholar. Always remember that any Public Record is searchable and you'll be surprised at how much of our lives are Public Record. Just learn to do your research; it’ll make your life easier. I promise. There really is no excuse for not knowing. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

So Here We Are

Yo, my not-so-little warriors! I thought I would be back here before now but instead I get to be here now. I needed to percolate and process...