Monday, May 17, 2010

STOMPING, SLAMMING & ZULU

dès que  Please don't pound around the house. Do not stomp like nobody can hear you. Papa Z (whom I have only not mentioned till now because I didn't want to point fingers. He is your great grandfather) would come all the way unhinged if he could hear someone walk across a room. Learn to walk like a Native American Indian. Move slowly (unless there's a fire) and softly. Think about the impact your body has upon the world beneath your feet.

deux fois  Since Papa Z is already part of the equation today, I will share his "Four Square" rule. 
Papa Z contended that NO ONE (Ever. In the history of time) needed more than 4 squares of toilet paper to get the job done.
And, honestly, having been to places (Mexico) where they don't even have toilet paper everywhere, and when they do - the used paper goes in a trash can instead of getting flushed.
Yep. Used. In a trash can. Right by the toilet. It's some nasty stuff.
I can only tell you: Not everybody in the world can afford toilet paper OR has the plumbing systems in place to handle it. So - I have to support the Papa Z Four Square Rule.
troisième
Please don't slam your door. 
In fact, IF you slam that door, ONE more time, I'm going to take it off it's hinges. 
Don't doubt me, because I will do it
My uncle Larry took a door off it's hinges because my cousin Debi had the audacity to doubt him. He didn't say a word through the whole disassembly. She didn't have a door for months. 
There is a time and a place for door slamming, but save it for after you are married. Some things are worth waiting for.

copyright 2010 thesethreethings

No comments:

Post a Comment

So Here We Are

Yo, my not-so-little warriors! I thought I would be back here before now but instead I get to be here now. I needed to percolate and process...