Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Quiet Walks to the Masseuse

eerste Learn to retreat and spend time with yourself in peace. Meditate. Think about it. Spend a few hours (or days) not speaking or writing. Be still enough for everything within you to percolate and solidify. It will happen, I promise. It's a bit like an extended version of a "Time Out" chair. My adults always said something to the effect of, "You just go and think about what you've done." This is a kinder version of that. 

Love yourself enough to sit and be quiet with you. Just you. When you're doing it right and you've run out of things to think about (which you will) - you will think about nothing, and man, I swear, this is some good stuff. I love it when I hit the thinking about nothing place in my head. It's far too rare for me and I wish better for you. Practice this and get good at it.

tweemaal Never underestimate the restorative powers of a good walk. A walk with a friend, a walk with just yourself, a walk to someplace or a walk to nowhere - walks are just some really cool things. Wear good shoes, too. You'll find this is a reoccurring theme with me: Those are the only feet you are going to get, you had best take care of them.

derde If your knees hurt when you bend to lift a 1-ton stone, stop doing that. If it hurts your body to do something, then stop it. Don't do it. Learn your limitations. Pain is our body's way of telling us that we're not doing something right. Pay attention to it and never let it get worse if you can avoid it. Sometimes you may just need a massage too, we will discuss this soon. 

copyright 2010 moemasters

No comments:

Post a Comment

So Here We Are

Yo, my not-so-little warriors! I thought I would be back here before now but instead I get to be here now. I needed to percolate and process...