Sunday, June 20, 2010

Voting, deal breakers and text books.

Voting is as much a privilege as it is an obligation. IF you have the opportunity to cast your vote, you'd best do it. Should you choose NOT to exercise this privilege, you will never ever be able to complain about the state of the nation or the state of your state or the state of your county. I know I keep telling you that THIS really matters, but for real: THIS really matters.
Everybody has got a "Deal Breaker" or two. There are just some things that we (subject entirely to personal taste, expectations and needs) will not be able to tolerate in other human beings. These things will evolve as you age. Do not compromise on what you will and will NOT tolerate. For instance: you could be the cutest, smartest, bravest boy in the world, but if you smell like a 30 year old goat who has been in the sun too long  - we probably won't be sharing many meals. THAT is one of my deal breakers.

You are under no obligation to trust what you read in your textbooks in schools. Remember how I told you to be judicious about what you see on the Internet? Well, now I have to tell you to take everything you are forced to read in school with a grain of salt. We are all the products of revisionist history. Do your research and make up your own mind based on the facts that you can find. Try to avoid jumping to hasty conclusions.

copyright 2010 moemasters

No comments:

Post a Comment

So Here We Are

Yo, my not-so-little warriors! I thought I would be back here before now but instead I get to be here now. I needed to percolate and process...